Interesting Facts about New York – Are you in the search for the best Interesting facts about New York? Are you planning to head to New York for a vacation? If yes, then this is probably the right place to be in. Well, New York is one of the most popular cities in the world as well as in the United States. It is most densely populated the city. Here, we will let you know about the top captivating facts about New York.
According to the survey in 2016, the population 8,537,673 distributed over a land area of about 302.6 square miles (784 km2). The city has five boroughs; Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. Some even say that these boroughs have enough personality and attractions to be their own cities. New York City is also the second largest center for Filmmaking and television production in the United States.
The Interesting facts about the New York City
New York has some cool quirky facts such as New York’s obsession with coffee, to the origins of New York’s nickname we bring you fascinating facts about New York City and why it is called the Big Apple. Let us look about foremost facts about the city. Scroll down to get a look on the top interesting things about this cool city.
- Horn Honking in New York City is banned. In case of emergency, it is only allowed during the Case of emergency. Horn honking there is considered as the illegal activity and there would be fine if you do a Horn Conscious.
- New York is going to show the First world’s underground park in this year 2018 and it is very innovative and creative idea because no one has even imagined the park down the knees.
- Manhattan, New York City, United States has a former AT&T Long Lines Building at 33 Thomas Street that is 550-foot tall skyscraper which has no windows and the building is for the home to a National Security Agency surveillance facility.
- Yes, it is true actually alone in New York people is bitten 10 times more each year by other people than worldwide by sharks. Thus, it is a very unbelievable thing but yes it is the true story in New York.
- In winter it becomes difficult to clean the ice for making the path clear and regulate the daily transportation. That’s why New York came up with the plan to burn out the tracks for clearance of snow by not interrupting the lifestyle of People.
- According to the survey, People commit suicide more than the murders in New York City. Suicide occurs Maximum because of mental illness mainly and after than the intimate partner’s issues and least with the financial problems.
Top Tourist attractions in New York City
New York is one of the coolest cities in the world and probably the expensive. Apart from all the cool facts that it has, this city has numerous tourist locations that definitely deserves your visit. Your trip would be incomplete without exploring all the famous places in the city. Here, we have compiled the list of the must-visit places in New York that you cannot just afford to miss.
- Central Park.
- Empire state building.
- Statue of Liberty.
- Times Square.
- Metropolitan Museum of art.
- Broadway and the theatre district.
- 9/11 Memorial and museum.
- High line.
- Brooklyn Bridge.
Therefore, if you were scratching your head to find the best facts about the New York City then we hope this might have been helpful for you in some way or the other. New York is one city that you should definitely visit and after knowing these alluring facts it is your time to book the flight tickets now. So, go ahead and browse all the travel portals to find the suitable tickets to New York.