Interesting facts about Kuala Lumpur – Are you heading to Kuala Lumpur anytime soon with your loved ones or on a business trip? Do you know the interesting facts about Kuala Lumpur? If the answer is yes, then there could not be a perfect place than this. Kuala Lumpur is one of the finest cities in Malaysia that definitely deserves a visit. There are plenty of stunning places to explore for everyone. Here, we will discuss some of the most captivating facts about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Malaysian capital is known for its multicultural community, which mainly consists of Malay, Indian, and Chinese residents. Eventually, you’ll find vibrant events and festivities celebrated throughout the year, while local markets and religious sites offer a glimpse into the local culture and lifestyle. There is so much to explore and see in the respective place.
The list of top Interesting facts about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
It is extremely important to know about a certain place which you have decided to visit. This will help you in exploring the place in a better way for sure. Usually, lack of the knowledge about the place results in the unwanted time –consumption. Therefore, to save you from doing the efforts we have done our research on this marvelous city. Below is the list of the major interesting things about Kuala Lumpur.
- Kuala Lumpur is not only the beautiful capital of Malaysia but also is the largest city. This stunning city was founded by Chinese tin miners in 1857.
- The name Kuala Lumpur is a Malay term meaning “muddy confluence”. The city is situated at the confluence of Gombak River (earlier Lumpur River) and Klang River which eventually provides this city a stunning view from every angle.
- The Yang di-Pertuan Agong is the head of state of Malaysia and is one of the few elected monarchs in the world.
- Kuala Lumpur is 94 square miles in size with an average elevation of 72 feet above sea level.
- Petronas Twin Towers are one of the delightful attractions of Kuala Lumpur. Between 1998 through 2004 they were the world’s tallest buildings, and are still regarded as the world’s tallest ‘twin’ buildings.
- Kuala Lumpur is the retail and fashion hub of Malaysia and boasts of more than 65 shopping malls, including the world’s fourth largest mall, 1Utama, which covers 5 million square feet. The Sunway Pyramid shopping mall is most recognizable with its Egyptian-inspired sphinx architecture.
- One of the most popular Hindu shrines outside of India, the Batu Caves are a series of cave temples in a limestone hill located 8 miles north of KL in the Gombak district.
Top Tourist attractions in Kuala Lumpur
When visiting a destination, some things you can do without, while others are considered the essence of a place. So we decided to compile a comprehensive guide of Kuala Lumpur’s best attractions. Scroll down to get a look on all of them.
- Petronas Towers.
- Menara KL tower.
- China Town.
- Batu Caves.
- Sultan Abdul Salaam Building.
- Sunway Lagoon theme park.
- Jalan Alor.
- Aquaria KLCC
Therefore, if you were planning to visit Kuala Lumpur anytime soon then we hope this might have been helpful for you in some way or the other. With this information, you can easily explore the best places to explore in the respective city. So, go ahead and now plan your trip accordingly either with your family, loved ones or office partners.