Interesting facts about Chittagong – Are you planning a trip to Chittagong, Bangladesh? Do you want to want to know the interesting facts about the beautiful place in Bangladesh? If the answer to the aforementioned questions is yes, then this is the right place to be in. Chittagong is one of the best places in the respective country that can offer you an experience of a lifetime. Here we will discuss some of the most intriguing and captivating facts about Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Before actually visiting a certain location, it is important to know deeply about the specific location to enhance your travel experience. Chittagong has so many varieties to offer to the travelers visiting all over the year. It has a rich history accompanying with the modern locations and another thing that is sure to leave you spellbound.
The list of captivating facts about Chittagong
Chittagong is one of the most famous places of Bangladesh that could make anyone’s travel dream come true. It has all the places that could impress you with its charm and other qualities. Chittagong is a city in southeast Bangladesh near the Karnaphuli River. The city is the capital of the Chittagong district and division. The city alone has around 5.5 million people which make this city a diverse one.
It is one of the quickest growing cities in the world. But these are not the only facts about this amazing city in Bangladesh. We have compiled some of the other interesting facts that will leave you wishing to visit this city right away.
- Apart from being an ideal vacation spot, Chittagong is the second largest city of Bangladesh. Also, it has the busiest international seaport.
- Chittagong is equipped with greenery. Its green hills and forests, its broad sandy beaches and its fine cool climate always attract the holiday-makers.
- The Shahi Jama-e-Masjid and Qadam Mubarak Mosque are two of the most impressive buildings in the city. It’s also worth visiting the Ethnological Museum in the Modern City which has interesting displays on Bangladesh’s tribal peoples.
- Chittagong is the country’s chief port and is the main site for the establishment of heavy, medium and light industries. Bangladesh’s only steel mill and oil refinery are also located in Chittagong.
- Chittagong is a very large place in the region of Chittagong in Bangladesh with a population of approximately 3,920,222 people and is one of the largest places in Bangladesh.
The list of places of interest in Chittagong
If you are planning to visit Chittagong, then this is the right place you have come to. Apart from knowing the details and the interesting facts about the specific place, it is also important for you to know the places of interests. We have arranged the top interesting places in Chittagong, Bangladesh to visit.
- Baitul Falah is the biggest mosque in the respective city.
- Chandanpura Mosque is the multi-domed mosque in the old city.
- The court building is the historic building of the 18th.
- Foy’s lake is the Man-made Lake created when the dam was built in 1924.
Therefore, if you were looking for the top interesting facts about Chittagong then I hope this might have been helpful for you. Aforementioned are the best alluring facts that will make you book flight tickets right away. So, go through these facts and plan a trip to Chittagong, Bangladesh right now. Book the best flights from Dhaka to Chittagong now and go on a memorable trip.