Regent Airways is one of the privately held airlines of Bangladesh who have started their business in the aviation industry with a vision to become the leading airlines of the country. Regent airways was established in 2010 by HG aviation. It is one of the well-known subsidiaries of Habib group of companies, a famous conglomerate from Chittagong. The key people of Regen Airways includes CEO Lt. Gen M Fazle Akbar (retd), Managing director Mr. Mashruf Habib & Chairman Mr. Yasin Ali. The headquarter of the airlines is at Siaam Tower of Uttara in Dhaka. Regent Airways have their main hub is in Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport. Their secondary hub is Shah Amanat International Airport of Chittagong.
Launching of domestic flights by Regent Airways
Regent airways started their operation on 10th November 2010 with two Bombardier Dash-8-Q300 aircraft. It was able to room 50 passengers and maintained a single class layout. The aircraft were rather small in size. But these Canadian built airplanes were reliable, safe and really comfortable. Regent Airways always maintained strict flight schedules. There prices were really fair. They offered lot of discounts to popularize their services. With the combination of all these efforts, soon Regent Airways started to become a popular name among the domestic travelers.
Launching International flights by Regent Airways
It was not until 2013 when Regent Airway’s management thought about expanding their business. With growing popularity as a domestic airlines, Regent officials planned to expand their horizon. Finally they officially launched international flights in June 2013. They took two brand new Boeing 737-700 on a 6 years lease from ILFC for this purpose. Regent Airways went on their first international voyage to Kualalampur. Within 4 months they expanded their international destinations to Kolkata, Bangkok & Singapore.
Not only from Dhaka but they introduced direct flights from Chittagong as well. Chittagong to Kolkata flight started from November 2013. Direct flights from Chittagong to Bangkok was initiated from April 2014. In 2016, they introduced flights to Muscat (capital of Oman) as their fifth international destination.
Now Regent Airways is maintaining 7 international & 4 domestic destinations. International destinations includes Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore, Oman, Nepal & India (Kolkata). Domestic destinations includes Dhaka, Chittagong, Saidpur, Cox’s Bazar & recently added Jessore.
Fleet and their Seat configuration of Regent Airways aircraft
As per the recent statistics, Regent is maintaining a fleet of 8 aircraft. All of them are active and in service. They have two Boeing 737-700, four Boeing 737-800 and two Bombardier Dash-8-Q300.
The Bombardier Dash-8-Q300s only provides economy class. Capacity is 50 passengers. The seat configuration is arranged in 2-2 fashion. Each and every seats have a pitch of 32 inches.
The Boeing 737-700s can room 126 passengers. They provide 12 Business class and 114 economy class seats. Business class seats are arranged in 2-2 fashion with seat pitch of 45 inch. The seats are luxurious and reclining. Economy class seats are arranged in 3-3 fashion with 33 inch of seat pitch.
Boeing 737-800 is an extended version of 737-700. It can room up to 167 passengers. It includes 8 business class seats & 159 economy class seats. The seats are comfortably made with leather & have a pitch of 31 inch to ensure enough comfort.
Now as we have learned about the basic information about Regent Airways & their fleet, let’s jump in to some key points about why you should use regent as your flight companion.
10 reasons to fly with Regent Airways
- Regent Airways is a Bangladeshi airlines company and their main focus is on domestic flights. So it is more likely that you will get enough flights to travel within Bangladesh. For example, they maintain 11 flights from Dhaka to Cox’s Bazar per week.
- Their service record is excellent. No records of accidents or mishaps so far.
- Regent always maintains strict flight schedules. Except minor delays due to unavoidable reasons, no major flight delays are recorded.
- Their aircraft are relatively new & fresh in conditions. As a result, air craft engines are in good condition. So you will experience no uneven noise or mechanical failures.
- Aircraft interiors are excellent & comfortable. Most seats have leather covers. And have enough spaces with comfortable leg rests. Everything is fine tuned to make your journey comfortable.
- Regent Airways always appoints qualified flight attendances for all the classes. So you will experience premium service no matter what class you are travelling in.
- Their ticket price is very fair so far. Regent always tried to keep the ticket prices low to attract more customers. They also provide good discount for a round trips. You can travel from Dhaka to Chittagong with a cost as low as 2700 BDT only per person. Their international ticket fair is also within reach. For example Dhaka to Kolkata one way flight will cost you 6200 BDT only per person. You can enjoy a round trip with 10,500 BDT only per person. Source: Regent Airways website.
- Regent Airways arranges excellent in-flight meals for international passengers. Their menu includes full meal & light snacks. They offer variety of food including local, Chinese & Western cuisines. Also they supply enough soft drinks for the passengers. Inflight meals are usually provided by BFCC (Biman Flight Catering Center), the same wing that delivers the meals to Bangladesh Biman.
- They provide modest & healthy snacks for domestic flights. They include sandwiches, roasted peanuts, mango bars & soft drinks. Additionally, you will also get enough tea or coffee.
Air tickets of Regent Airways
You can also buy their tickets from any local or online travel agency of Bangladesh. Also they have a website which displays detailed information about price, schedules & many more.
Also they have Android & IOS applications so you can book tickets on the go.
Regent Airways have branch offices Dhaka (3 offices), Chittagong (3 offices) & 1 office for each of Cox’s Bazar, Sylhet, Jessore, Khulna & Saidpur. The address of Dhaka office is:
SA Tower (Level-5), Plot#1, Road#134, Block SE(A), Gulshan-1, Dhaka – 1212, Bangladesh
As their tagline says ‘every little thing counts’, so is the activities of Regent Airways. They studies all those small factors which are responsible for customer experience. And they take all the necessary steps to make the journey comfortable & memorable for the passengers. As a Bangladeshi airlines, Regent Airways is doing a pretty good job. And as a proud Bangladeshi, it is our pleasure to support them.