Biman Bangladesh airlines is the national and flagship airlines of Bangladesh. It was established in 1972, just some months after the liberation war in 1971. It went to operation within a couple of months of establishment. Since then it faced a lot of external and internal challenges. Gradually Biman Bangladesh expanded their fleet and the number of destinations. But the conditions were never out of problems. Corruption & mismanagement was always affecting the quality of the service of Biman. Finally in 2007 Biman Bangladesh was transformed to a public limited company. Since then it started to take steps to overcome the problems and modernize the services. As a part of the plan, Biman Bangladesh reduced the number of stuffs & made many new contracts. One of the major contract was with Boeing for 10 new aircraft with options for 10 more.
Currently Biman Bangladesh is serving 23 destinations. Among them 15 are international. They are in agreement with 43 countries for transportation. European Aviation Safety Agency has certified Biman Bangladesh Airlines for safe to fly in Europe. Also Biman Bangladesh have successfully passed the IATA operational Safety Audit.
There are many reasons behind why you should use Biman Bangladesh as your travel companion. Reasons are more than Biman being the national airlines of our beloved country. Let me enlist some reasons about why you should use Biman.
12 reasons to fly with Biman Bangladesh Airlines
- First of all, Biman is the flag carrier airlines of Bangladesh. It is the very first airlines of Bangladesh. From the very beginning, Biman represents our beloved country in the sky and abroad.
- It has total 3 hubs. The main hub is at Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka. The other hubs are at Shah Amanat International Airport, Chittagong and Osmani International Airport, Sylhet.
- Biman Bangladesh operates a two-class services (J and Y). In the Boeing 777 aircrafts, the business class seat arrangements are made in 2-3-2 style. The Economy class has arrangement of 3-3-3 configuration. The Business class of Boeing 737-800s has luxurious 2-2 combination. The economy class is arranged in 3-3-3 style.
- Biman always ensures the cheapest flights from Bangladesh or to Bangladesh. For example, Dhaka to Kolkata, Dhaka to Kuala Lumpur, Dhaka to Delhi or vice versa. Biman always provides the best rate possible in the market.
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines is also available for domestic flights in Bangladesh. Dhaka to Sylhet, Dhaka to Chittagong or Dhaka to Cox’s Bazar & vice versa. In domestic flight Biman is unbeatable in terms of cost and availability.
- Biman is providing good services in managing business classes. In Biman, you can upgrade to Business Class when you already booked economy class tickets (if available). You can do this with Upgrade Travel Option (UTo). This option comes very helpful to the passengers who would like to travel in the business class with marginal cost.
- As a part of improvement, Biman phased out the vintage F28 and DC10-30 aircraft from its fleet. Now the fleet of Biman Bangladesh includes modern aircrafts like Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners, Boeing 737-300s, Boeing 777-300ERs, Fokker F28–4000s, Airbus 310-300s etc. Biman operates its own ancillary at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport. Also they have their own maintenance facility at the same place. Biman engineers are here to take care of all the technical and mechanical issues.
- It has recently introduced Frequent Flyer Program. From now on, you can earn tiered benefits, lots of special offers and mileage rewards by flying with Biman Bangladesh.
- Like many modern airlines, Bangladesh Biman’s air tickets are also available in many online travel agency from where you can buy air tickets online.
- Biman Bangladesh has upgraded their website and turned it in to a world class website. Now you can book flights, get updates about different offers & contact the dedicated customer service from their official website.
- Also you can reserve your seat from their website. Another enjoyable feature is their meal selection options. You can select from regular meal, diabetic meal or vegetarian meal. Also there are Asian vegetarian meal, Muslim meal & child meal.
- BFCC (Biman Flight Catering Center) is one of the popular and successful subsidiaries of Biman. It is responsible for the in-flight meal service of Biman. And the quality of the meal is really good. International airlines like Saudia, Etihad, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, Emirates, Dragon Air, China Southern Airlines and Regent Airways also happy to enjoy the supply.
We who travel frequently via air routes, have many options available. Giant airlines companies of different countries are operating in Bangladesh. But don’t we need to think from the point of view of nationalism often? Therefore, I believe we should support Biman Bangladesh. Because it is our national airlines. Like our nation, Biman has a long history of struggle. In many cases corruption and mismanagement got the upper hand and as a result Biman suffered a lot. But now it is a public limited company, and they are trying their best to improve their position. At least their recent steps are showing good signs. In conclusion, Biman Bangladesh Airlines really deserves our support.